What is minimalist dressing? Why do I need to master it? How will this tiny change in my life grant me loads of free time? Minimalist dressing is dressing by removing the superfluous or constitutes a style that uses pared down essentials. The Italians have always used this concept and they not only look impeccable but probably don't spend hours trying to figure out what to wear. There are only three requirements: the clothes must be clean; the clothes must be in good condition; the clothes must fit properly.
Ok. Here are the top 10 ways to dress like a minimalist Italian woman and free up your time:
1. Use monocolors. In other words your outfit should be of the same color even with different tones of the same color. For example, in one outfit, trousers and the blazer can be dark brown, while the blouse can be lighter shades of brown. Socks and shoes should also be brown.
2. Wear footwear that has the same style of the outfit. If you are wearing a conservative pantsuit, you should not be wearing athletic shoes. Instead you should opt for moccasins, loafers, pumps or dressy shoes.
3. Keep accessories down to a minimum. I am not saying you should eliminate the accessories but use good taste. You should not be piling on necklaces or bracelets. Usually one nice accessory is all it takes.
4. Stick with classic colors. Yes it is true that trends call for pastels one season or fluorescent colors the next but minimalist dressing is really pairing down and staying with the classic, yet chic colors of black, brown, grey, red, white, navy blue.
5. De clutter your closet and leave only a small collection of high quality pieces that you like, fit you well and that you actually wear frequently. Hint: if you haven't worn a piece in the last year, it's time to let it go.
6. Have your own style. You can dress with the minimalist concept but still have your own style. This may be using form fitting outfits, layers, long skirts, short skirts, jeans, whatever.
7. Build your wardrobe one piece at a time, focusing on quality items that last a long time.
8. Do not impulse shop. Buy only pieces that will match or fit in with other pieces you already own and wear.
9. Know what styles flatter your body. Once you know what is the most flattering, stick with it.
10. Rotate your outfits. This alone will save you hours of time and stress especially in the morning when you are squeezed for time. If you are dressing with the minimalist style no one is going to notice that you wore that black blazer two days ago if you now put a grey blouse under it and add a different necklace. You can wear the same pants or skirt as long as they are clean and ironed.
For more information on dressing simply and living simply get my ebook with resources :